Obstetrics and Gynaecology
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology has 3 full time doctors catering to the different needs of women, pregnant and non-pregnant, infertility, problems affecting uterus and ovaries. The babies are taken care of by a team of paediatricians. We have a well equipped theatre and good team of anaesthetists, nursing staff to support us.We aim to provide care for the pregnant patients from conception to delivery to the best of our ability.
- Our patient centric model of care delivery is made up of a multidisciplinary team of expert obstetricians & gynaecologists, clinicians and specialist nurses, who ensure that all our patients needs are addressed providing patient and their families with the support they need during periods of illness and recovery.
- Our services are designed to optimally maximize patient satisfaction.
- We provide 24 hr emergency care in addition to out patient clinics 7 days a week.
- All these services are provided against the present day background of rapid development and fast changes in the delivery of women’s health.
- All the doctors in this department keep abreast of all the advances in investigative and treatment modalities of women’s health care.
- Female Adolescent Health
- Prenatal counselling especially for older and teenage pregnancies, high risk pregnancies (eg: recurrent abortions)
- Maternal /foetal medicine Our Multi-disciplinary team of doctors and nurses hold joint clinics with paediatricians, nephrologist and diabetologist to focus on high risk obstetric care. 1st trimester screening for Down’s and other chromosomal diseases by expert sonographers.
- Exercises for both mother and baby.
- Reproductive medicine: We provide holistic care – counselling, treatment and antenatal care for sub fertile couples.
- Urogynaecology – Pelvic floor problems.
- Perimenopausal women’s health including screening for cervix and breast cancers.
- We provide personalised care during intrapartum and delivery period including painless labour, continuous foetal monitoring and paediatric counseling.
- Gynaecological problems of older women.
Functioning 24 / 7 / 365 with experienced staff nurses, full neonatal resuscitation, Cardiotocograph (NST).Round the clock facilities for Cesarean section and Round the clock Paediatric support
Dr Suma R V
MBBS, DGO DIP NB (O&G)
Dr Rasna Kishor
Dr Asha Fenn